Published on August 14th, 2019 | by Craig Silliphant0
Avengers: Endgame Blu Ray Release
We finally get our hands Avengers Endgame on blu ray. It’s great to be able to watch this juggernaut of a superhero movie at home.
I’ve been looking forward to the release of Avengers: Endgame because I just saw it once in the theatre and it definitely begged rewatches to pick up all the details. It was great to experience it in the comfort of my own home, with my giant TV, in vivid colour, 7.1 sound, and no jerks playing with their phones or chatting like they’re in a coffee shop. Also, with the long running time of the film, now I can pause it to use the washroom! You can read my original review of the movie here, but to summerize, it was worth the price of admission. It was a solid ending to 10+ years of Marvel/Disney’s universe building. And of course, the movie looks and sounds amazing on blu ray.
Oddly enough, even with a two-disc set, I feel like the supplemental material on the disc is lighter than usual. In the past when reviewing a lot of Marvel/Disney releases, I feel like a broken record because I’m always mentioning what an embarrassment of riches the extra features are. Normally they utilize the format really well. This release seems less like that is the case.
However, what we do get is quality stuff. I’ll go through it in a second, but I want to quickly mention the best part of the special features — the commentary track. Directors Joe and Anthony Russo and writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely give us an informative and exciting peek behind the curtain. As people, they’re fun to listen to as well.
The Special Features
- Audio Commentary
- Intro: The Russos chat about the series
- A Man Out of Time: A look at Captain America (and Chris Evans)
- Remembering Stan Lee: A Tribute to Lee
- Black Widow: A piece about Black Widow (and Scarlett Johansson)
- Setting the Tone: Robert Downey, Jr. and his character
- The Russo Brothers: A look at The Russo Brothers, duh.
- The Women of the MCU
- Bro Thor: A look at Thor’s story arc
- Deleted Scenes (HD, 5 min):
- Goji Berries
- Bombs on Board
- Suckiest Arm in the Galaxy
- You Used to Frickin’ Live Here
- Tony and Howard
- Avengers Take a Knee
- Gag Reel